Who are we?
We’re a top 10 UK clothing, footwear and homeware digital retailer based in Northern Quarter, in Manchester’s city centre. Our retail brands are JD Williams, Simply Be, Jacamo, Ambrose Wilson and Home Essentials. We champion inclusivity by making our customers look and feel amazing. We don’t believe that age, size, shape or background should stop anyone from feeling confident, stylish and happy with the way they look and feel. With our industry leading expertise in creating fashion that fits, we’ve been proudly breaking down these barriers for over 150 years. We help our customers to express themselves with stylish products, helpful services and flexible finance. Now, we’re moving forward together, embracing innovation and new technology, to continue to delight our customers.
The Role and responsibilities
We are looking for someone to join us as a Sustainability Apprentice to support the retail team in implementing our Environment, Social and Governance strategy. This role will work closely with the Assistant Sustainability Lead and Head of Sustainability to ensure that our ‘SUSTAIN’ Strategy is updated, maintain data, certification and reporting of progress and contribute on all projects that are required to drive an improved future. Alongside this, the role will require successfully completing the Level 4 Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability (CRS) apprenticeship; a 23-month programme involving involves various training, coaching and individual projects to enhance the key knowledge, skills and behaviours to be successful within ESG. You will be based at our headquarters in the Northern Quarter, Manchester. This person will:
- Complete data entry activities for external submissions, for example Textile 2030.
- Attend webinars with various partners to gain insight into future projects and horizon scanning.
- Conduct monthly horizon scanning reporting.
- Support on project work that maybe required to drive the sustainability strategy.
- Support the Head of Sustainability and wider team on any tasks that maybe required.
- With the support of your manager and Head of Sustainability, dedicate the required 20% off the job training to complete the relevant apprenticeship activities.
What will you get?
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives.
Upon completion of the 23-month apprenticeship, you will gain the Level 4 Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability qualification! You’ll be part of our bonus scheme, pension scheme, life assurance and 24 days holiday plus bank holidays. You will receive fantastic employee discount on our products, a discounted share purchase scheme and access to our Employee Assistance Programme and much more!
- Salary: £18,000.00p
What are we looking for?
Are you passionate about the planet and the people that live on it? If so, then this role is for you! This role will give you the foundations to develop your sustainable credentials whilst learning about our amazing business and customers. We’re looking for a hard-working, curious individual who cares about the impact that the retail industry has on the planet and how we can work together to make a difference whilst supporting our customers to make the right choices. We’re looking for someone who will:
- Be passionate about the business with a thirst to learn and inquisitive mentality, looking to build your knowledge and share ideas.
- Have a collaborative and approachable manner.
- Able to communicate (verbal and written) effectively with others and conduct themselves in a courteous and professional manner.
- Be prepared to study towards Level 4 CRS apprenticeship.